Re: Is this redundant? {OT}

Robin Kopetzky wrote:
Good afternoon.

I found this code in a program I'm renovating and think this is very
redundant. Also, it does slow queries down while doing all of the
conversions.

prod_id in the mysql database is declared an integer.

<SQL above>
	where prod_id = '" . (int)$prod_id . "' and
<SQL below>

Question: since $prod_is is already an integer, why would someone convert it
into an integer, then convert it into a string to later have mysql convert
it back into an integer?? Could someone shed some light on the intent behind
this weird code??

How do you KNOW that $prod_id is an integer? If register_globals is ON and it's coming from user input, then you don't.

The only part that's redundant is including the single quotes in the SQL statement for an integer.

where prod_id = " . (int)$prod_id . " and

would be more efficient.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/