HELP-PHP install

Hi all!

I'm Balazs from Hungary and I'd like to ask for your help!

I want to start making progams in PHP but my browser doesn't accepts the
code.

I write the way of the installation. I hope somebdy will notice what the
problem is.(apache-1.3.28. and php-4.3.3. and Debian)

cd /apache
gunzip < apache-xxx | tar xvf -
cd /php
gunzip < php-xxx | tar xvf -

cd /apache/apache-xxx
./configure --prefix=/www
cd /php/php-xxx
./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=/apache/apache-xxx
--enable-track-vars
make
make install
cd /apache/apache-xxx
./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
make
make install

cd /php/php-xxx
cp php.ini-dist /usr/local/lib/php.ini

Then I edited the httpd.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php .html
User=www
Group=www(of course, the user and the group were created with the "useradd
www" and "groupadd www" commands previously)

Here I started the apache(./apachectl start) which worked properly.
When I tried to start the probe.php(which was made by me), the Mozilla
showed a Download Page and asked me where I wanted to download the page(?????),
the Konqueror showed oly the PHP source code.

That was the probe.php:

<?php
echo "Hello World!";
?>

So, why do the browsers that?
Why don't send Apache the source code to  the PHP Compiler?

When I downloaded a page from the Web with .php extension, that page was
showed correctly without a mistake but the self-made file was problematic(see
above).

I thank the answers in advance!

Bye:

Balazs Nemeth