Re: Connect to Oracle DB

El Vie 12 Sep 2003 15:52, Frederico Madeia escribiÃ:
> Dear friends,
>
> How i connect one server running PHP(linux) to other server running
> Oracle(linux) ??
> when i tryed to connect with ora_logon, the server return me: Call to
> undefined function: ora_logon().
>
> In php.net describe some functions to connect to oracle,. but how i make
> to do work ???
> I must install oracle on same server that runing php ??

1) Oracle and PHP can be on different servers (in some cases it's better to
have them separeted).
2) they don't even have to be on the same OS, even though it's a good idea.
3) Your erro is due to the fact that you don't have an oracle-featured PHP
installed, so you have to recompile PHP with the --with-oracle option, or try
to get a shared library for oracle support for your PHP version.

--
Porquà usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podÃs usar PostgreSQL?