copy tables between db's

I need to copy some tables from one mysql database to another mysql database
on the same server.

I looked at the php manual and couldn't find it...I found stuff on
mysqlhotcopy, but it doesn't look like that will do what I need it to do, or
maybe I'm reading the manual wrong.

Can someone please show me how to do this? To be specific, it's just a table
with a list of US states in it...
table name: states
fields: state_id, name, abbreviation

Thanks,