Re: how to recognize user login name?

<quote who="CPT John W. Holmes">
>> >I've tried to use $USERNAME variable but it isnt what i want because it
>> >recognize login name on server not remote user
>>
>> If you are referring to the Windows login name, this is not possible
>> with PHP via the web browser.
>
> Sure it is. It's usually in $_SERVER['LOGON_USER'] or something similar.

Well, if it *is* actually there in some strange case, you can find it like
this:

   <?php
   echo '<pre>';
   print_r( $GLOBALS );
   ?>

This works great to discover the name of variables that are set by the
system.

I can imagine that the Windows login name will only be avaible in the
strictest of circumstances: IIS server, IE browser, in a domain setup or
something. Good luck. Sounds nuts to me. :)

--Dave