Re: Problem in executing linux command from PHP

Gnanavel wrote:

I have problem in executing  linux command
$output=exec("ls -a");
echo "<pre>$output</pre>";

the above coding works, but

$output=exec("cp file1 file2");
echo "<pre>$output</pre>";

does not works. can any one help me out of this problem

When I was executing the "cp" command it doesn't return anything. But it returned the name of the last file when i executed the "ls" command

"cp" does not return anything on the command line on success.

--Dave