Re: Database backup

mysqldump -A > /path_to_file/filename.sql

for eg: mysqldump -A > /tmp/alldatabases.sql

This generates a sql file which can be used as backup or for restore...

Hope it helps..

-ramki

Chris Payne wrote:

Hi there everyone,

Is there a quick way I can backup all my databases on Linux so I can download them to my HD/Burn them onto CD?

I've started a very large travel project and there is going to be over 100 DB's in the end, each with who knows how many tables and going through PHPMyADMIN and exporting 1 DB at a time is going to take forever.

My Server is the Rehat Linux 8.0 with Apache and MySQL and PHP.

Thanks, any help would be really appreciated (And save me alot of headaches).

Chris