Reading File Contents

Hello.

I have what should be a simple fix for the more advanced programmers out there. I'm having problems with the display format of a text file. I've been reading several resources, and I'm just not having much success with it.

How would you be able to display the following file named test.txt:

1. Test
2. Test
3. Test

...without it displaying like:

1. Test 2. Test 3. Test?

I've tried the nl2br function, as well as adding "\n" to the end of each line and using fgets to replace "\n" with "<br>". However, nothing seems to be working. I'm probably missing something very simple, but if someone wouldn't mind helping a rookie out, I'd appreciate it.

--Joel