Re: Oracle and PHP

Hi Roger,

There is Oracle Commander , but it is not very good as phpMyAdmin. Try it:
http://www.bitesser.de/downloads/download.php?filename=oraclecommander

Oracle is similar to other databases used from PHP, only difference is
calling stored procedures that return resultset.
Dont use oracle functions, but oracle8 (oci) extension for Oracle, they are
better documented and easier to use.

There is PHP manual that can help you learn oracle+php. If u have some
questions you can ask here.
For example, there are couple of functions i wrote to myself:

Some ppl say you should put environment variables, before connecting:

putenv( "ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle/product/9.2.0" );
putenv("TWO_TASK=/usr/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/admin/tnsnames.ora");
putenv("TNS_ADMIN=/usr/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/admin");
putenv("ORACLE_SID=test");

$connection = OCIPlogon($user,$pass,$dbname);

function query($sql)
{
$query=OCIParse($connection,$sql);
if ($query)
OCIExecute($query);
return $query;
}

function query_fetch_array($query)
{
if (OCIFetchInto($query,$result,OCI_ASSOC+OCI_NUM+OCI_RETURN_NULLS))
{
return $result;
}
else
{
return 0;
}
}

$sql="select * from emp";
$query=query($connection,$sql);
while ($row=query_fetch_array($query))
{
  // You can user $row["EMPNO"] or $row[0]...
}

Radovan

3F462009.5000808@bgnet.bgsu.edu">news:3F462009.5000808@bgnet.bgsu.edu...