Re: Browser timing out.

Look at using server side compression, mod_Gzip or similar, PHP4.something
also has compression handler built in.. When dealing with compressing raw
HTML pages, very high compression levels can be reached..

Snippit from my mod_gzip+apache+php logs:

ip.ip.ip.ip - - [21/Aug/2003:17:17:01 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 3450
"http://referrer"; "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.0; Hotbar 4.3.1.0)" mod_gzip: DECHUNK:OK In:15234
Out:3450:78pct.

^^  78% compression can cut data transfer down pretty quick!