Re: Mcrosoft SQL Server and "for xml auto" queries

The win32 version of the mssql extension does not support the FOR
XML clause because it sends the results using ntext, which is the new
UNICODE text type introduced in SQL Server 7.0.

The mssql extension was built with DB-Library, which cannot read ntext
fields.  DB-Library is obsolete, and Microsoft has no desire to enhance or
fix it.

-- bob