Re: Calculating daylight savings time

What I need to do is figure this out for more than one location at a time. I am displaying Sabbath times for several different cities around the world at once (New York, London, Paris, Jerusalem, Sydney) - i.e. a certain amount of time before sunset, different for each city and each city is in a different dst zone.

Can I do something using setlocale, to change timezones to the city I need, and then use date(I)? Or does date(I) always work only for the US? And what exactly does setlocale change? I couldn't figure out from the notes on php.net.

Thanks for your help,

-Lisi