dynamic image generation

Hello,

I want to generate information graphics on the fly using MySQL and PHP. I've played with the GD package and been able to generate images, but my problem going forward is that the amount of text in each graphic will be variable (some have 10 lines, some have 5), which affects the size of the image and the height of each text-area.

Does anyone know of a package of functions or a source that I can look at that describes how to do more than the standard graphic-gen stuff in PHP? Help appreciated.

--------

Matthew J. Horn
Principal
Spielboy.com