Re: full text search in mysql

As of Version 4.0.1, MySQL can also perform boolean full-text searches

I am running Mysql 3.x . This sounds like a simple task to me. Is it not
implemented in 3.x?

It does not have to be OR, NOR or anything, just AND

I've never tried it, but you might be able to get away with
SELECT columns FROM table WHERE MATCH (column) AGAINST ('caribbean') AND MATCH (column) AGAINST ('island');

I don't know if it'll work and it will probably be slow but...

For more information, try reading http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Fulltext_Search.html

Larry