Re: Renaming .htm pages to .php

At 05:58 PM 8/3/2003 -0600, David Smith wrote:
This doesn't have much to do with PHP and databases, but here's a thought:

You can leave them all .htm and have apache treat .htm files as .php files. Just check out httpd.conf for configuration. If your box is sufficiently zippy, you will see now slow down by running pure html files through PHP.

So if I understand you correctly, I can turn a page into a .php page through one of two methods:

1. Change the extension to .php
2. Instruct Apache to treat .htm extensions as .php extensions.

That sounds really interesting. Would that create any problems with pages that I never use .php functions on? Or if I have websites on my computer that don't use php?

Thanks.