Re: MySQL Date insert

i have a feeling oyu're not getting a mysql error but a PHP error???  you
have an odd number of parentheses and mysql_error will not have an closing
paren.

if that is the case, try this....
mysql_query("INSERT INTO Boats (Make, Model, Serial,Stock, Extension,
Cust_Name, Store, Date) VALUES
('$make', '$model', '$serial', '$stock', '$extension','$name', '$store',
'$date')")
or die("Invalid query: " . mysql_error() . "</body></html>");

                      "Andrew D. Luebke"
                      <andrew@copeandmcp        To:       php-db@lists.php.net
                      hetres.com>               cc:
                                                Subject:   MySQL Date insert
                      07/28/2003 02:16
                      PM

Hello,
    I have the following PHP code:

         $date = date("Y-m-d H:i:s");
         $result = mysql_query("INSERT INTO Boats (Make, Model, Serial,
Stock, Extension, Cust_Name, Store, Date) VALUES
                 ('$make', '$model', '$serial', '$stock', '$extension',
'$name', '$store', '$date'")
                 or die("Invalid query: " . mysql_error() .
                 "</body></html>");

The problem is with the Date column.  It is of type DATETIME.  I get an
error on the second line of the insert statement.  I assume I'm not putting
formatting the date-time variable correctly but I've tried everything I can
think of, so any help is very much appreciated.  Thanks.

Andrew.