write to word..

hi,

I'm just wondering if it is possible to write to a word document or any
other file type that would allow for easy editing(besides txt) with out
having to copy and past everything in? I'm looking to have a template
perhaps in word and have the code insert variables from the database.

If it is possible, could some one point me in the right direction. Like
where to look in the manual.

Thanks,
Chris