Condition for Adding data

Hi
I need help!, I am quite new to php and I am trying to create a condition that will load a specific page after a form has been submitted to enter data in my database, I have tried using this code (I created it) but it wont work, all I get is a messege on the browser that says "the page address incorrect"

Here is how i have scripted the code
<?php
	$food="";
	if($food=="milk")
		{
		$pgload="milk.php";
		}
		if ($food=="eggs")
			{
				$pgload="egg.php;
			}
			if ($food=="ham")
				{
					$pgload="ham.php";
				}
echo  "<form name=appForm method=post action=.$pgload.>"
?>

any ideas on how i can go around this problem?

Gatimu