phpMyAdmin-Problem

hi!

i have mysql 3.23.38 running on a IIS4 and php 4.3.2
i used phpmyadmin 2.3.2 with cookie authentication and everything worked well. until i wanted to upgrade phpmyadmin to 2.5.1 (last stable release).
i configured everything inside config.inc.php (added a controluser, etc) but now i cannot login anymore by cookie-authenticaion. i do not even get a "wrong password or username"-error
the phpmyadmin-faq contains this question:

[1.3] I'm running phpMyAdmin with "cookie" authentication mode under PHP 4.2.0 or 4.2.1 loaded as an Apache 2+ module but can't enter the script: I'm always displayed the login screen.
This is a known PHP bug (see this bug report) from the official PHP bug database. It means there is and won't be any phpMyAdmin fix against it because there is no way to code a fix.

is this the same for php 4.3.2 and IIS4 ?

thx in advance .ma