Re: Delete constraint

Norma Ramirez - TECNOSOFT wrote:
Hi all, coul I delete a constraint made over a postgresql table? (In the parent table). The child doesn`t have records.
I'm not sure to have correctly understood what you mean :-/
Anyway, to delete a constraint you need to use an ALTER TABLE command.

ALTER TABLE [ ONLY ] table
DROP CONSTRAINT constraint { RESTRICT | CASCADE }

/!\ The DROP CONSTRAINT constraint clause drops all constraints on the table (and its children) that match constraint.

More details on http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.2&idoc=1&file=sql-altertable.html

SQL commands supported by PostgreSQL (here for v7.2): http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.2&idoc=1&file=sql-commands.html

By the way, does any one know a good postgresql administrator like mysqladmin??
Check this URL: http://gborg.postgresql.org/browse.php?83

phpPgAdmin: http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net
pgAdmin (for windows): http://www.pgadmin.org/

Thank´s