Re: Database question

definately do NOT recommend this path-
Just make an include file at the top of each page

pete

Hardik Doshi wrote:
Hi Group,

Currently i am connecting the underlying database
server from every php page. To reduce the connection
overhead i am thinking to store the PEAR DB object
into the registry (session) at the time of user login.
Here i am connecting the Database only one time and
rest of the time i am using the object stored in the
memory. Even this is more helpful when the application
is connecting more than one database..My application
is getting feed from four different databases reside
on two different servers.

I don't know what ever i am thinking is correct or
not.. Please guide me if i am wrong anywhere and if
any one of you have better idea then please disucss.

Thanks

Hardik Doshi