From: Patrik Fomin [mailto:pafo@pafo.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 9:04 PM
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject:  Hi, simple question

Hi,

im adding a post to the database, is there any way to retrive back the ID
for the post that i just created?

the id is auto_increment and primary key.

like
$sql = "insert into test (namn, www) values('test', 'test.com')";
mysql_query($sql);

$row = mysql_get_post("id");
?

the only way i could think of was to create a tempfield in the database and
each time you post you give the temp field a unique value, like:

$sql = "insert into test (namn, www, unique) values('test',
'test.com','25323324')"; mysql_query($sql);

$sql = "select id from test where unique = '25323324'";
$res = mysql_query($sql);

regards
patrick