MySQL Backup, final script !!!

I have been searching inside the mailing lists regarding the a PHP code that
dump all or a selected databases from MySQL ...
and haven't managed to get a script like PhpMyAdmin does... please any ready
script or idea ...

<?php exec("mysqldump -u root -ppassword -A > backup.sql"); ?>
//Because it didn't work with me (on windows by example).

All what I am thinking to do is a script that retrieved the database names
then retrieve the tables names, then fields names and dump the data in an
schema like mysqldump does....

any suggestions??

Cheers...
Nabil