RE: Page Use

> So yes, it's possible with PHP. Is it worthwhile? Eh, maybe. But just
> realize the overhead that you'll be putting on a busy site
> with a DB entry
> for EVERY page view - even for pages with no dynamic content
> (not to mention
> any pages that might require real DB querying).

Why not use click-stream analysis software that is out there? My ISP offers the log-analyzer FunnelWeb from Quest. It does not add any overhead because it parses the log files offline (and makes some assumptions about sessions) to track individual users through my site.

I dont know how expensive it is, but there is a free download. I am not affiliated with Quest, but I have become a big fan of FunnelWeb.

matt