Re: mysql_connect error

PHP was not compiled with MySQL support. Re-compile.

---John Holmes...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sparky Kopetzky" <sparkyk@blackmesa-isp.net>
To: "PHP DB Group" <php-db@lists.php.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 3:35 PM
Subject:  mysql_connect error

Good afternoon!

I have Apache w/php installed on one server. I have mysql installed on a
windows machine. I keep getting this error
'Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()' in my php script. Now,
according to what the Redhat RPM is telling me about php-mysql is that I
have to have mysql RUNNING on the web server just so I can talk to the other
windows server. That doesn't make any darned sense!!! PHP runs perfectly on
the web server until it hits the mysql code.

What am I missing here as I'm REALLY dumb when it comes to Linux.

Robin E. Kopetzky
Black Mesa Computers/Internet Services
www.blackmesa-isp.net