RE: how to update field without using UPDATE query? you are kidding?

I assume that dbrec is an object. There are many classes you can get
in PHP that handle database management and manipulation. Check out
www.phpclasses.org. I believe everyone's frustration is that the
question was not asked properly, you confused PHP with Linux, you
insulted the OS of choice for most users here, and you use Winblows.

Just find a class that hides all the code from you so you don't have
to think about how the update works.

The you can do something like:

dbrec = new DBClass();
$dbrec->field1='wow';
$dbrec->update();

--- "Steve B." <stylinsty@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It sounds like you are crying John.
> Perhaps you know this function?
> I'm trying to learn PHP holmes.
> Keep the insults to yourself and help out if you know the answer.
>
> --- "John W. Holmes" <holmes072000@charter.net> wrote:
> > > in asp it lets me say
> > > ~get a record into dbrec which is a database object.
> > > dbrec['field1'] = 'wow'
> > > dbrec.update;
> > >
> > > is there no way to do this in linux?
> > > thats lame if it is then that means my 25 web sites have to be
> > re-written
> > > to work on Linux.
> >
> > Okay, you're still confused. This has nothing to do with Linux.
> It's PHP
> > vs. ASP. ASP has provided you a function to use instead of making
> an
> > UPDATE query yourself. Learn some PHP so you can write your own
> update()
> > query. Don't cry because someone hasn't done it for you already.
> >
> > ---John W. Holmes...
> >
> > Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E
> >
> > PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get
> your copy
> > today. http://www.phparch.com/
> >

> > --

=====