RE: how to update field without using UPDATE query? you are kidding?

> in asp it lets me say
> ~get a record into dbrec which is a database object.
> dbrec['field1'] = 'wow'
> dbrec.update;
>
> is there no way to do this in linux?
> thats lame if it is then that means my 25 web sites have to be
re-written
> to work on Linux.

Okay, you're still confused. This has nothing to do with Linux. It's PHP
vs. ASP. ASP has provided you a function to use instead of making an
UPDATE query yourself. Learn some PHP so you can write your own update()
query. Don't cry because someone hasn't done it for you already.

---John W. Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/