Using fopen() for internet URL

I have an auto-update script to gather some information from other web pages to update information in my database.
And i use fopen() to open the URL.
as far as i know, the return result contains image, which i don't need.
so is there anyway to disable loading image when using fopen() with URL?
just want to speed things up a bit :P
thanks.

Tony S. Wu
tonyswu@mac.com

"The world doesn't give us hope - it gives us chance."
http://homepage.mac.com/tonyswu/tonyswu    - My web page.