Re: Displaying groups from SELECT

Thanks, Gürhan, but I think I needed to explain things better.  As is generally
a good idea, the categories are referenced in the product table by ID, not name.
Additionally, this is something along the lines of what I already had.  I was
trying to use only one query and make PHP do the remaining work.

Here's the code I'm currently using, which I should have posted in the first
place.

<?
$query = "SELECT * FROM categories";
$result = mysql_query( $query );
$rows = mysql_num_rows( $result );

print "<ul>\n";

while ( $cats = mysql_fetch_array( $result ) )
{
    print "<li>" .$cats["cat_name"] ."</li>";

    $queryB = "SELECT prod_name FROM products
        WHERE prod_cat=" .$cats["cat_id"];
    $resultB = mysql_query( $queryB );
    print "<ul>";

    while ( $items = mysql_fetch_array( $resultB ) )
    {
        print "<li>" .$items["prod_name"] ."</li>";
    }

 print "</ul>";
}

print "</ul>";
?>

The more I think about it, the more it seems like I'll just have to use two
queries.  I just didn't want to do so bcs the second query will run at least
four times and it seemed inefficient.

Edward Dudlik
Becoming Digital
www.becomingdigital.com