PHP, ODBC, Unable to Connect

Here is the code (acct # blurred for obvious reason):
##begin paste##
<?php
$connect = odbc_connect("testcusa","","");
$query = "SELECT ACCT.DIVRATE, ACCT.BEG_DATE, ACCT.END_MATR, ACCT.CDPY_COD,
ACCT.CDPMTRM, ACCT.CDFLTRM, ACCT.OCERTBAL, NAME.NAME, NAME.SSN,
ACCT.\"ACCT#\", ACCT.SFX FROM ACCT ACCT, NAME NAME WHERE ACCT.\"ACCT#_JOIN\"
= NAME.\"ACCT#_JOIN\" AND ((ACCT.\"ACCT#\"=\'******\') AND (ACCT.SFX Like
\'M\'))";
$result = odbc_exec($connect, $query);
odbc_result_all($result);
?>
##end paste##

Here is the result:
##being paste##
Warning: SQL error: [Simba Technologies Inc.][SimbaEngine C/S ODBC
Driver][SimbaClient][SimbaClient LNA]Client RPC error. Error = (103) Error
sending message. Trap = (111) Error closing connection. Value = (533)
Endpoint in incorrect state. State = CLOSE_STATE. , SQL state 08S01 in
SQLConnect in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CD\query.inc on
line 5

Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CD\query.inc on line 5

Warning: odbc_result_all(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result
resource in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CD\query.inc on
line 6
##end paste##
The server is a custom Simba database wrote to access cfam databases on a
RS/6000 box.   I can pull info from this database using ODBC Explorer, MSQry
tool, and several others, but PHP just will not give me back any data.  I
keep getting this error message.  I have searched online and with no evail.
If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.  I am doing
my best to learn PHP & several database systems but this has put a bump in
my road.  PHP's ODBC does work, I've connected using openlink and progress
server on the same RS/6000 box to a diff database.

Thanks in advance

Joe