RE: I have a problem to add a new line to the body of my email when I am using '<a href="mailto: ...>" function

I never knew that Body was supported. I had tried in years ago before
it worked, and never looked back. If you look at the source code for
this page
(http://developer.netscape.com/viewsource/husted_mailto/mailto.html)
you'll see that they use the javascript function "escape()" on the
body text. I believe this handles the characters such as spaces and
CR/NL. Though it seems you are doing it the same way they are
(%0D%0A).

If it works on some browsers, but not others, then it's probably a
compatibiilty issue, not a scripting issue. You don't indicate which
browsers this works/doesn't work on. Or which mail clients you're
using.

Finally, this is not really a PHP issue, and especially not a PHP-DB
issue.

--- Martin Rajcok <martin@rajcok.com> wrote:
> I believe the body is supported. I have read everything I could
> find through Google. People are using it exactly as I am.
> I can't use '\n' - it is only text in this case and it will be part
> of the email body.
>
> Thanks anyway,
> Martin

href='mailto:".$details[email]."?Body=".$email_form."&Subject=".$email_s
> ub
> > je
> > ct."' class='darkblue'>Send the email</a>
>
> Use \n.
>
> email_form = "Welcome ".$details[contact_name].",\n\n";
>
> Are you sure "body" is even supported? I'll guarantee it's not
> going to
> be for every browser/email client.
>
> From: http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40-970917/htmlweb.html#h-5.1.3.1
> --------------------------------------
> MAILTO URLs have the following syntax:
>
> mailto:email-address
>
> User agents may support MAILTO URL extensions that are not yet
> Internet
> standards (e.g., appending subject information to a URL with the
> syntax
> "?Subject=my%20subject" where any space characters are replaced by
> "%20"). Some user agents also support "?Cc=email-address".
>
> ---John W. Holmes...
>
> Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E
>
> PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your
> copy
> today. http://www.phparch.com/
>

> --

=====