Dealing with ENUM fields

I have a field in my database for which there are only four potential values
and, as such, I would like to use an ENUM field.  However, I can't find an easy
way to load the "values" of this field into a select form element.  Is there a
simple method for doing this or are the only solutions fairly complex?  I'm
simply trying to avoid using another table since it will contain only four
elements.  Thanks.

Edward Dudlik
Becoming Digital
www.becomingdigital.com