functions IN the database.

Hey all -

I'm curious if anybody has ever setup the logic to put php functions into a database.... here is my thinkin on it, hopefully I can get some suggestions on the benefits, downsides, etc.

(in mysql)

CREATE TABLE `functions` (`functionId` INT (5) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`functionData` TEXT NOT NULL,
`functionDesc` TEXT, PRIMARY KEY(`functionId`), UNIQUE(`functionId`));

INSERT INTO functions(functionData, functionDesc)
VALUES('function echoNumber($number)
                   { echo $number; }',
                'This function echos out a given $number');

(in php)
$sql = "SELECT functionData
           FROM functions";
$query = mysql_query($sql);
while($functionData = mysql_fetch_assoc($query)) {
   eval $functionData[functionData];
};

This in theory **should initiate the given functions listed in the functions table, has anybody used anything like this? I have a two sites that I NEED to use the same functions and this is the first thing that comes to mind, plus it would allow for gui editing of or creating functions via a secured webpage.

Thanks on advance!

Rolf Brusletto
http://www.phpexamples.net