From: Leif K-Brooks [mailto:eurleif@buyer-brokerage.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 2:47 AM
To: Matthew Moldvan
Cc: S. Cole; php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: Re:  Double Trouble!

It's calling the mysql_query function that runs a query, not doing
something with the result it generates.  If doing something with a
functions result called the function again, then

function foo(){
   echo "Foo called.";
   return 2;
}
$result = foo();
echo $result + 2;

would result in "Foo called.Foo called.4" being outputted, instead of
"Foo called.4".

Matthew Moldvan wrote:

>Looks to me like you are calling the mysql_query() function twice here:
>

>>          $result = mysql_query( $query, $link );  << first
>>          if ( ! $result ) << second
>>               die ( "Unable to Add Payment to Database:
>>

>".mysql_error() );
>
>try this instead:
>

>>          if ( !$result=mysql_query($query, $link) )
>>               die ( "Unable to Add Payment to Database:
>>

>".mysql_error() );
>
>Let me know if that works or not ... it should, though.
>
>Regards,
>Matt.

The above message is encrypted with double rot13 encoding.  Any unauthorized
attempt to decrypt it will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.