RE: password/entry

Thanks Gurhan, that is what I was looking for (sessions and the links you
gave).  At least someone on this list is decent and not a smart a___.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gurhan Ozen [mailto:ergenekon@starpower.net]
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2003 9:53 PM
To: Robert Williams
Cc: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: Re:  password/entry

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 21:16, Robert Williams wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Where can I find information about having a password access to certain
> files/directories (PHP/MySQL)?   Will this example make it so users cannot
> access these files?  Or do I need to put them into a different folder and
> give them r/w depending on their login?
>
> Robbie

  I am not crystal clear on what you are asking, but I think you need to
use sessions with PHP and store user/password info in MySQL..
  You can always find something in google.com ..
  You might find the following useful:
  http://us4.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php
  http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Tips_and_Tutorials/User_Authentication/
  http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials/41/0.php