form table name input into query.

Hi,

I have been trying to get a query to work via PHP to
mysql that gets the 'table name' from the form and
does the query.  Since only certain table names are
pressent in the database I have a drop down menu with
the available table names so you have to select a
valid one.  But I have had heaps of problems with
trying to get the query to work.

I can get the other parts of the query to work.  eg...

UPDATE table WHERE name='cookie' LIKE dob='dob';

But what I want is the table to be selected from the
form.  How would I do this?  When I put the field name
for the table form it just does nothing.

So the form would look something like this:

table name : [drop down with avail. table names]
dob : [text]
location : [text]
{submit button}

At the pressent time after each week I need to change
the PHP code to update the table name as it needs to
be changed weekly.  But if I can get it done via a
form to update rather than changing the PHP code all
the time it will make things much faster and easier
for me.

All help appreciated and thanks in advance.

Jerry