time fractions

hi,
i'm developing a system which processes the results from a transponder system for Kart timing. I'm slowly managing to get the data into a sensible format so i can build a web based gui to it in php to allow kart racers to analyse their own lap times and positions.

I'm trying to establish the right field type to handle HHMMSS.fraction time format. I've read on mysql.com that MySQL doesn't yet store the fraction part.

Any thoughts as without the fractional information i am down to seconds accuracy which is pretty useless for this scenario.

mikek@brightstorm.co.uk t: 0117 9426653 / m: 07939252144 / w: http://www.brightstorm.co.uk