windows or php.ini settings

Hi guys,
I have a question related to session variables. Here's my situation. I
have 3 files :

Index.php - in which user inputs info
Login.php - in which the info is processed and I initialize some session
variables
User.php - in which based on variables initialized on login page, I let
the user see he's configuration panel.

Now, I have this problem with my localsite, the session variables are
not transmitted or/and registered.
On the webserver, on the other hand, the script works just fine. Here's
some information about the servers :

Local : windowsxp/IIS5.1/php4.3
Web : windows2000/iis5.1/php4.3

And here's the code :
first the login page :
            $sessvar = "logedin";
            session_register("sessvar");
            Header("Location: user.php?first=1");exit();

Now in the user.php page :
session_start();
print "Values submitted via POST method:<br>";
reset ($HTTP_SESSION_VARS);
while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_SESSION_VARS)) {
print "$key => $val<br>";
}
$sessvar = $_SESSION['sessvar'];
print " We have session var : " .$sessvar;

I mention again that the configuration file for php, php.ini is the same
for both servers, and the rest of the variables transmitted are ok.
And on the webserver, I see  the session variable, but locally I don't.

Thanks,

Petre Nicoara
Global Web Presence - http://www.gwp.ro
Phone: +40 256 120 167