Re: header problem with IIS

Hi Peter

Comments inline...

On 15 May,2003 at 13:19 Peter Misun wrote:

> running PHP4.1.3 on IIS 5 and everything work's fine
>
> I have only problem with using header() function
> problem is, after submiting form in first.php:
>     echo "<form name=form_abc method=post action=second.php>\n";
> and having in second.php:
>   header('location:third.php');
>
> it produces error in browser like this:
>   CGI Error
>   The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
>   HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

I have only ever seen this error when the page I was trying to refer to didn't exist or wasn't accessible by IIS.

Also, I've always done headers like this

header('Location: third.php');

or

header('Location: http://www.mydomain.com/third.php');

The location header is supposed to have the full URL, I believe, but it doesn't have to.  Don't know if that will help at all ?  The formatting is fussy but then, the location header seems fussy in many browsers.

> what headers?!?
> after reloading/refreshing page by user, everything is ok
>
> in logfiles of IIS I found out, that
>   first.php has protocol code 200
>   second.php has protocol code 302
>   third.php has protocol code 502  (what leads to that error)

502 is the Bad Gateway response code (can't reach the page because of a network problem).  I think that IIS is not returning the correct code here, though, or is returning the best it can for the situation.  502 seems to be a bit of a dustbin for errors sometimes !!!

>   third.php after refreshing/reloading has protocol code 200
>
> please, help
>
> 5o

Hope this helps ....

:-)