Re: Column Naming

I have a table called Files which holds data about Files held for a project.
I also have a table called user. I want the Files table to hold data about
who has the file checked out and who initially uploaded the file. Since
these two fields will be foriegn keys relating to User.User_ID how can i
contain this data in the table - I can't have two columns called User_ID in
my Files table...

Although it's common for related columns in two tables to have the same name, it's not required. Call one "upload_user" and the other "checkout_user" (or whatever) and you'll be just fine.

Larry