Re: question about mysql backups

Hi,
  There is a mysql backup class available at the PHP classes Repository:

http://spunge.mirrors.phpclasses.org/browse.html/package/1066.html

I have not tried it yet, so cannot give any review on its use.

Erich

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Jake Malone wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have a script (run from cron) which backs up all files in a given
> directory and outputs a zip file. what i want to do is backup the database
> in the same process and add it to the same zip file. i really like
> phpmyadmin's way of backing up the DB, and was wondering if there was an
> easy way to do essentially the same thing outside of phpmyadmin (i just need
> to save the db structure, tables, and data into a single .sql file). thanks
> in advance.
>
> -jake

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/