RE: PHP+MySQL Programmer/Geek -- Job Titles?

Peter,

Brent's kinda' got a point. Titles are just that - titles. It's what you
actually do and your value to the organization that really matters.
Everything else is just a lot of worrying about how your business card looks
in the Free Lunch fishbowl at TGI Friday's.

On the other side of your listed job responsibilities, Peter, you listed
technical writing. Like you, I have played the part of PHP+MySQL developer,
MySQL DBA, programmer, basic office geek PLUS senior consultant, HTML
prototyper, and product development manager. When I was doing that stuff, I
was a System Architect.

Now?

I'm a Senior Technical Writing Administrator (that's what MY business card
says). At least I can write about how vastly underutilized I am.