From: Peter Beckman [mailto:beckman@purplecow.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 1:01 PM
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject:  PHP+MySQL Programmer/Geek -- Job Titles?

Ok, this is sort of relevant.  If not, feel free to ignore.

I am a PHP+MySQL developer, MySQL DBA, programmer, IT systems manager, and
basic office geek.  As part of my new job, I am responsible for reading
RFP's from the Federal Government and evaluating them for technical
content, and then recommending courses of action.  I also have to do a lot
of technical and non-technical writing, explaining the processes to both
technical and non-technical folk.

I'm really good at what I do.

However, my boss just gave me business cards that say "Data
Processing/Programmer."  I just don't think that that title accurately
conveys what I do.

The best I've come up with "Senior Application Developer," but I worry that
is a little vague.

Could the community offer some suggestions as to a title that more
accurately describes my position?  Or maybe share their titles or their
dream titles?  Anything with Data Processing in the title causes me to
think "Monkey with keyboard," which I surely am not.

Thanks,
Peter