Re: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

To sumize:  The PHP supplied in RedHat 8.0 aparently does not include
support for mysql upon
successfull install of mysql and php.  I get the undefined function error
from PHP.  People are telling me to rebuild PHP to include the MySql
support.  Thank you all for your help   I'm looking into rebuilding PHP
but......... shouldn't the dynamic
shared object (mysql.so) be loaded at run time by the runtime linker
(dlopen(mysql.so) ) when PHP needs it (and the .so is in the php.ini file)?
did uncomment the extension mysql.so in the php.ini file.

Maybe (for the heck of it) check out in the source 'n find out.

Just wondering..........

Thanks again........
Rich
20030423143229.40141.qmail@pb1.pair.com">news:20030423143229.40141.qmail@pb1.pair.com...