From:  norman@no-gi.de
Date: 13 Apr 2003 16:43:57 -0000
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject:  session variable in other directories

Hello,

i have got a little problem. On my homepage is a login. If the username
und password is correct i register the $_Session variables

if (mysql_num_rows ($res) > 0)
{
  $ligne = mysql_fetch_object ($res);

//  session_register ("x1","x2","x3","x4","x5");
  $_SESSION["x1"] = "true";
  $_SESSION["x2"] = $ligne->name;
  $_SESSION["x3"] = $ligne->mail;
  $_SESSION["x4"] = $ligne->kategorie;
  $_SESSION["x5"] = $ligne->rechte;

In all php files in the same directory i can access this variables, but if
i am in another directory i does not work. if have already read the
session_registor is old and should not be used.

I hope some can help me

thx

norman