Re: Strange Session Problems

Hi Blain

On 10 Apr,2003 at 23:23 Blain Blain wrote:

<snip>
> I made a Userlogin with sessions. At some people the IE block the cookies an
> shows a errormsg with
> safety error. But not at all... The Privacy Stage is Medium... at all tested
> clients...

</snip>

If your build of PHP was compiled using

--with-trans-sid

and the php.ini parameter

session.use_trans_sid=1

exists, PHP should automatically pass the session id via the URL, if it can't use cookies.  This will let your session work.  However, be aware that the session ids will be passed in clear text in the url which you may feel is an unacceptable security risk.  It is possible for someone to hijack the session if they know the session id.

Hope this helps.

--
Ronan
e: ronan@thelittledot.com