Re: using a username and password with mail()

Typically, I set these up in a header file.
like 'db.inc' will have all my database connection information:
$SERVER=''
$USER=''
$PASSWORD=''
$DBNAME=''
etc...

Then include that in your PHP file.  I do this for peice of mind as then I am
the *.inc non-readable in my apache httpd.conf file so no-one can just bring up
that page to read it.  See the apache manual for how to do that.
HTH, but I'm sure it is one of many ways...
-Brad