RE: mysl_connect question

> When I use myssql to connect to a db with anything besides root I get
an
> error that I cannot connect.  I created a user that has access to one
> databse called 'menu'. The user has SELECT, UPDATE, and DELETE
permissions
> for that database.
>
> I can connect on the command line: mysql-u newuser -p.  But no luck
using
> mysql_connect().

You probably do not have the correct 'host' given for the user. What's
the complete error message? It usually says something like "Access
denied for user@host ..." Make sure the user you added matches the host
given in the error message.

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/