From: JeRRy [mailto:jusa_98@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 3:05 PM
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject:  PHP mail() question?

Hi,

I am trying to get PHP mail() to do the following:

1) Grab email addresses from a database and put in the
BCC of the email. (hidding their email address)

2) Grab first names from a database and put in the
body of the email.

Below is a script I am using, does not do any queries
to any database because I am not sure how to do it in
the function.  I have tried but have failed so thought
I'd ask here.  Can anyone help?  Here is the code I am
using...

<?php

$myname = "Me Myself";
$myemail = "myself@email.com";

$contactname = "Mister Contact";
$contactemail = "whateva@domain.com";

$message = "hello from ".$contactname."";
$subject = "A email";

$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1\r\n";
$headers .= "From: ".$myname." <".$myemail.">\r\n";
$headers .= "To: ".$contactname."
<".$contactemail.">\r\n";
$headers .= "Reply-To: ".$myname."
<$myreplyemail>\r\n";
$headers .= "X-Priority: 1\r\n";
$headers .= "X-MSMail-Priority: High\r\n";
$headers .= "X-Mailer: Just My Server";

mail($contactemail, $subject, $message, $headers);

?>

Maybe I need a different function? If so could someone
show me a example of how it can be achieved please?

Thanks!

Jerry

P.S. I am using mysql database.