MySql Help needed

Greetings!

I am building an application in PHP and am creating a global $connect_id for MySql. I have MySql on a separate machine and am using the connect like this:

$server = "development.myservermachine.net";
$username = "myname";
$password = "mypassword";
$connect_id = mysql_connect($server, $username, $password);

All I get is 'Access denied for user 'myname@PHP_MAIN' (Using password:YES)

Now, I know I'm in the DNS server for my system, and the username and password are correct as I checked the User table.

Any thoughts, ideas, etc. toward fixing this problem??

I'd appreciate any help provided.

Robin Kopetzky
Black Mesa Computer/Internet Services